Thursday, June 15, 2006

WHY?????

I have been looking forward to summer soooooo much.... and now I don't know why. One week of being home with four kids, two dogs, a husband, and homework up the butt, and I am ready for September.

Today my husband goes, "Someone needs to help the kids clean their room." Well, I have been married long enough to know that my real name is not Donna, it's Someone. As in, "Someone needs to clean the house. Someone needs to take out the garbage. Someone needs to wash my work pants." It's been suggested that I design a t-shirt that says, "I Am Someone" in big red letters. Why the frick am I always Someone??? Why can't he be Someone for once??? Once, when he was going heavy on the "Someone" orders, I said, "Yeah? Well, SOMEONE thinks you should shut your frickin' pie hole and wash your own damn pants." Yeah, that went over soooooo well.

So anyway, today Someone cleaned the house, made meals for four kids, and did several loads of laundry. Someone mediated at least ten sibling brawls. Someone downloaded a buttload of video games off the internet as a favor to one ungrateful teenager. Someone did two hours of homework. Someone even helped search the neighborhood for a neighbor kid who didn't tell her mom where she was going before she left. And then Someone got yelled at by her ultra-crabby husband because the kids' room was a mess and they wouldn't clean it. Hmmmmm.... and he wonders why Someone isn't being very affectionate. Someone tried to explain that she'd been very busy all day, and her husband replied, "Well, that's not enough."

Someone's gonna either go mental or run away from home before the summer is through.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

There's a little luxury called Summer School. Enroll your husband too.

Joy said...

i agree with theresa.... and um someone is an amazing mom, a loving wife, someone is an all around cool person that I adore. Someone also has a great entertaining blog to read.

Theresa said...

Being excited for your kids getting the summer off just shows what a great mom you are. You weren't thinking about yourself, just the happiness of your kids! But yeah, then you realize what it means for you the first day of summer vacation, and you count down the days till it's back-to-school! I'm quite the same. But, now I'm a freaking homeschool mom! How did I ever get myself into that! It's cool though, but now I need a summer vacation from my students. So, I feel for ya Donna, but, not too badly. It could be worse.

Donna said...

Thanks, Joy and Theresa. You rock.
-D

Joy said...

hey don't you love comments
here's one for ya
do you have any super hot super huge dresses that are black... i need one for Jess's wedding. call me