Friday, October 24, 2008

New Job!

Yep, that's right. I got a new job.

This one totally fell into my lap. My former supervisor at my current job called me out of the blue and offered me a position at the assisted living facility where she is now Director of Nursing.

Basically, she needs an LPN who knows home care and knows assisted living to come in and overhaul the memory care unit. It's been run like a nursing home for the last 10 years, and corporate wants that to change. As she put it to me: "New policies and procedures, new documentation system, new med system, and new blood all at the same time. And I can't think of anyone I trust more to pull it off. This will be Your Baby!" I was totally honored by the compliment, and by the trust behind it.

Besides the incredible opportunity, I'll be making way more money. Sweet for me, and for my kids.

The staff at my current job is not happy that I'm leaving, but I have to put my family and my career first. Everyone close to me agrees that I would be a complete moron to pass up this opportunity.

I'll start going in here and there after I punch out at my current job, just to familiarize myself with the paperwork, resident profiles, etc before I go full-time in December. I gave this job six weeks' notice so that I can be sure that my replacement and the new supervisor are up to speed and comfortable with the system before I go.

So... yeah. On to bigger and better things!

No comments: