Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's finally happened...

I've finally been confronted with a situation in which falling down is not funny.

You all know how I delight in the sweet biffs of others... the more humiliating and painful the better. I've often wondered if I would ever find myself in a situation where I wouldn't find falling down funny.

Found it. Work.

Here's the thing: people at work (residents, not coworkers... if it were coworkers I'd still laugh) are falling down all the time. At least once a day I get a call that someone biffed it in their apartment and I have to go running up there to see if they're okay. Sometimes they are, and we just have to help them up, but most of the time they're not okay and I have to call 911 and send them to the hospital. Then they're there for a grip of time, have to go to rehab for about a month, and come back to us even more frail than when they originally fell.

It's not that I want to laugh when they fall but restrain myself. It's Really Not Funny. Holy crap, did I just say that? What the hell happened to me?

Dammit... I... CARE. Ugh. Pretty soon I'll probably start feeling sorry for people with mullets and stop laughing at drunk girls.

Aw, CRAP.

No comments: