Friday, July 07, 2006

A pic of me

I went to a family wedding last Saturday, and here's a pic my hubby took before we left because I wanted to see if I look as different as people say I do. I love this dress... first, it's the first new dress I've had in years. Second, it makes me feel pretty. Third, it's a frickin' size 8, and it FITS! Yeah, baby!

The wedding was a wierd experience. My grandma is getting senile, and I had to remind her who I was and reintroduce her to my hubby and kids three times. My aunt is back together with her abusive boyfriend, and I totally didn't know what to say about that. I wanted to ask her if she'd lost her frickin' mind, but... wrong time, wrong place, ya know? I hadn't seen the bride, my cousin, in about 10 years, so I knew nothing about her or her new husband. To top it off, no one in my family recognized me until I opened my mouth to speak. Strange. We stayed for the dinner, but skipped out on the dance because the whole extended family thing is really awkward. We really haven't been much of a family since my mom died 9 years ago, but this is partially my own doing because the trainwreck that is my extended family exhausts me. So..... yeah. Not much more to say about that.

So, I'm looking at the pic of me, and I just don't see the big dramatic change. I think I still look like me. Whatever. All I know is that my old clothes fall off me, I can run, and I am healthy for the first time in 18 years. Good enough for me.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Donna, maybe if you take a different picture of yourself. Like a full body shot with you in maybe jeans and a t-shirt. That's when I notice the change the most. Or what you were wearing on Sunday at the Toby's party was a skinny thing too.

You're always a hottie to me...

Donna said...

Hey, thanks! I'll have to get some different pics and see if it makes a difference. I still have that post-it you left in my mailbox in the church office that called me hot... someone else read it, and I had to explain that it came from you and not some dude. It was totally fun to sing with you yesterday and to hang with you at the shindig afterward.