Sunday, August 05, 2007

Were you looking for an update?

Yeah? Really? Okay, here goes.

I've been so frickin' busy I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my ass.

I got a new job about a month ago. I'm the intake and referral coordinator for a growing home care company. It's full-time Monday through Friday, which rocks. Basically, any new patient referrals from doctors' offices, hospitals, nursing homes, county public health nurses, etc. come to me. I triage them, get all the personal info, get prior authorization from their insurance companies, start a file on them, and set them up to be admitted for home care. In my first three weeks I processed an average of fifty new clients per week. I love it, but sometimes the pace is insane. And I'm still trying to figure out all the human dynamics in the office. There are a couple people who make me want to smack them, but most of the people in the office are pretty cool. The best part is that I found out that two of the four other gals in the cubicles around me are rabid Prince fans like myself. Bonus.

The kid thing has been weird. The little kids seem to feel the need to test me every time they come home for their week with me. That sucks. I mean, I look forward to seeing them, but to be honest, sometimes after a couple nights I can't wait to take them back to their dad's. This last week they totally broke my coffee table. I've told them a million times not to frickin' sit on it, but do they listen? Noooooo. Smashy-smashy. I think I might be able to fix it, but not today because I just got my nails done. I want to fix it before they come back, though.

The teenagers don't have much use for me, unless they want to use my sweet truck. Then they're calling, being all nice, etc. Kind of a bummer, especially since my oldest daughter's leaving for college at the end of this month.

Speaking of taking her to college, how the hell's that going to work out with my ex??? I soooooooo don't want to spend several hours in a car with him, and I sure as hell am not going to share a hotel room with him. I can hardly stand him for the time it takes to pick up or drop off the kids.

The poor bastard seems to think that I'm going to change my mind and come back to him. Um, yeah..... not gonna happen. I mean, he's still nasty to me most of the time, and then turns around and tells me how much he loves me and misses me. Today when I dropped off the kids, he did the, "I miss you so much, I love you, I want you back" thing. I go, "Hmmm. I doubt that, since you act like an asshole every chance you get. See ya." And I hopped in my sweet truck and got the hell out of there.

Just a disclaimer: We absolutely do not have these conversations within the kids' hearing. Just in case you thought I was being an extra crappy mom or something.

I'm going up to karaoke in a couple hours. I haven't been in at least a month, and MAN do I miss it. Here's the thing that kinda sucks: think any of my barfly friends miss me while I'm gone? Nope. Well, one does. He calls me regularly and has stopped by occasionally to hang out for a little while. He's a good friend. The rest of them? They can kiss my lily-white ass.

I'm trying something new tonight: I'm totally cabbin' it to the bar. The last time I was up there I totally should not have driven home, but I did anyway. Not gonna let that happen again, no way no how.

Get this: I am one ten-minute speech and one 50 question final away from having my BA. Yep, that's right. After this Wednesday, I hope to never, ever set foot in a classroom or open a textbook again in my lifetime. I am done. D-O-N-E, DONE!!!

So, to sum it up, between work, school, kids, the ex, and spending quality time with my best friend when I don't have the kids, I have been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest. Again with the ass analogies.

Forgive me if I'm not as prolific as I once was. It's not that I have nothing to say, or that I don't miss you, it's just that I just don't have the time on my hands that I used to.

Here's to things easing up again now that school is over for me.

No comments: