Thursday, May 31, 2012

I've Been Thinking...

That, for the first time in my life, I am just... ME. And, for the first time in my life, I Am Enough. The peace and contentment that accompany that realization are staggering. The joy I feel when I look at my life today takes my breath away. My protective fortress of anger, resentment, self-loathing and self-doubt has been stripped away brick by ugly brick and I am standing in the sunshine, blinking in the light. I have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to hide, no regrets. No need for defensiveness, dishonesty or distance. I am exactly where I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I was designed to do, and savoring the experience of becoming exactly who I was meant to be. My Inner Goddess is swinging lazily and peacefully in the hammock of my psyche, sipping a chilled iced tea, grinning a huge, satisfied smile and enjoying the gentle summer breeze.

No comments: