Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Guilty Pleasure

Karaoke. Totally. Every Sunday night, baby. Again, exhibitionistic tendencies, I guess. It's just fun to get up there and sing songs that would never fly in church (which is the only other place I usually sing). My own little American Idol experience, complete with critiquing the other performers. I actually had a "special request" last week, so that was fun... someone wanted me to do "Welcome to the Jungle" again. I try not to do the same stuff every single week. There was one guy who used to do "Baby Got Back" every dang week, until he got 86'ed. I can't say I was sorry to see him go. It was fun the first time, but after that it was just sad. So, I try to mix it up a little: a little Gershwin, a little Heart, throw in a little Beatles, a little G'n'R, whatever else I feel like... it's all good. Weird, but fun. And the people-watching rocks. And I can stare all I want, because you're SUPPOSED to watch them! Oh, yeah! I tried to take a picture of this sa-weet mullet I saw last week, but my camera phone wouldn't zoom in close enough. I was devastated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you do karoake. Where is it, maybe we can all come and have a little Donna concert?

You're cool ; )

Donna said...

Oh, yeah... I'm a supahstah. ;-)
Karaoke is at Big Louie's in Crystal every Sunday from 9:30p-1:30a. Y'all should come up sometime... it would be fun to hang out.
-D